27 ways of living in the New Year
1. Choose a narrow path. The sooner you pinpoint exactly what you want to achieve in your life, what you want your legacy to be, the sooner it will happen for you. Don’t choose the well beaten path; create your own. Dare to be different and aim for the moon (in order to reach the stars).
2. Embrace change. If life were consistent and without ups and downs it would not only be boring, but also very bleak and monotone. We’re here to dodge bullets, get back up when we’re kicked down and make decisions for ourselves. It’s all about building your character. Never fear change, it could be exactly what you need.
3. Own your mistakes. The only way to learn is to make mistakes. The only way to learn from mistakes is to own them. You’ll be surprised how much people will value you for owning your mistakes, no matter how small your role in them.
4. Appreciate what you have before you ask for more. Because there is always someone worse off than you.
5. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. But never forget you don’t have a body, you have a soul. Your exterior will never define your interior.
6. Who you are is not what you have; it’s what you do with what you have. Ever noticed how some of the happiest people in the world have the least? It isn’t about what you have (material things or achievements), but what you decide to do with that. Your life is your legacy. How do you want to be remembered?
7. Be Loyal. In love, friendships, and most importantly with your family. Stay true to your word.
8. Laugh more.
9. Words are powerful. Words are powerful – choose them wisely.
10. You can never be over educated. Want to learn another language? Its better late than never. Thinking about taking art classes? You never know what it will lead to. You are only limited by your choices.
11. Be gracious. Be humble. Be kind.
12. Live in a new place. You will be surprised as to just how much our surroundings shape us.
13. Live within your means. Life isn’t about keeping up with the Jones’s.
14. Have an opinion. Voice it, engage in healthy debate, but never be rigid and close-minded.
15. Be proud. Learn to welcome compliments and accept them – by doing so you will provide value to them and soak them up like a sponge. It will lead to better work in the future.
16. Accept criticism. But know when to distinguish between constructive criticism and a genuine insult. If someone insults you, it says more about them than it could ever say about you.
17. Get outdoors more.
18. Spend time with anyone older than you. Age = experience. Experience = wisdom. Spend time with your grandparents and ask questions. No one stays on this earth forever – make the most of the time you have.
19. Be honest. People will value your opinion if it is raw, honest and made with consideration.
20. Don’t give money, give your time. There is no greater gift than your time.
21. Take a day off. Do something you have always wanted to do…by yourself.
22. Track your finances better.
23. Work harder. Set your goals higher and higher… your limits are only those you believe to be true.
24. Smile at strangers.
25. Keep a journal. Sometimes the best way to clear your mind and keep a clear vision is to jot down your thoughts at the end of the day or week. Consider what you did, who you met, how you felt, what was on your mind. Think outside the box and sort through your thoughts rather than offloading your troubles onto someone else.
26. Escape. Had a bad day? Don’t dwell on it. Escape to someone else’s reality or jump inside a fiction. Two hours later you’ll have forgotten the trivialities.
27. You are the company you keep. If your friends aren’t bringing joy into your life, maybe you’ve outgrown them. Don’t be afraid to make new friends that understand you (and where you’re at in life right now). Adapt. Change. Learn. Grow. Evolve.