Ten Things You Need to Stop Wasting Time On
1. Distractions that keep you from special moments and special people – It’s those little things in life that matter most. When you miss someone you usually miss the little things about them, like just laughing together. Indulging in great conversations. Going for a walk. Try letting go for a little while and just BE together.
2. Busyness – Schedule some time each day to not be busy. Have some downtime – clear some time in your day to do some reflecting, get some rest and recharge. You’re only fooling yourself if you think you’re so busy that you can’t afford a moment of sanity.
3. Needless drama around you – Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you. Focus only on the positives.
4.Thinking about how you use to be – You are not the same person you were a year ago, a month ago, a week ago or even yesterday. You are always growing. Experiences don’t stop. Learn from your experiences, because that’s life.
5. Dwelling on the mistakes you’ve made – Hey, it is ok if you mess up; that is how you become wiser. So, give yourself a break. Don’t give up. Great things take time, and you are getting there. Instead let your mistakes be your motivation, not your excuses. Don’t allow the negative experiences from your past predict your future.
6. Worrying about what everyone thinks or says about you – Just the other day I had someone at work say to me “You’re the best, in spite of what others say about you.” If I were an insecure or paranoid person, I may have allowed that backhanded compliment get to me, but because I know who I am, and anything those who are not a part of my life says about me really doesn’t faze me. Besides, rarely does a person do things because of you; they do things because of them. You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react and who you choose to be around.
7. Comparing yourself to everyone else – Constantly comparing yourself to others is the thief to your happiness. You could spend the rest of life worrying about what others have that you don’t, and it won’t get you anything or anywhere.
8. A life path that doesn’t feel right – We were placed here to enjoy life not endure it. It doesn’t matter what you do in life, if you believe in what you are doing, it will show and pay. Success in life is for those who are excited about where they are headed. It is about walking comfortably in your own shoes, and in the direction of YOUR dreams.
9. Those who insist on using and manipulating you – What you allow is what will continue. Give as much as you can, but do not allow yourself to be used. You can listen to others closely, but don’t lose your voice in the process.
10. Trying to impress everyone – One of the most freeing things we learn in life is that we don’t have to like everyone, everyone doesn’t have to like us, and that is all perfectly GROVEY. No matter how you live, someone will be disappointed. So just live your truth and be sure YOU aren’t the one who is disappointed in the end.