5 Reasons You Should Date Yourself
Picture knowing yourself on a much deeper, more gratifying, and a less judgmental level. Can you picture being able to describe yourself to others with confidence, strength and all your life’s experiences without cringing at the thought of your weaknesses and struggles. Are you able to picture taking care of yourself, owning all your needs and treating yourself with the love and nurture you deserve?
When we date someone it provides a chance to get to know someone, giving you an opportunity to assess if your personalities, goals and values are compatible. When you date someone it allows you to learn about a potential mate’s likes, dislikes, background, passion, beliefs, and much more.
The information you gather is key to forming a romantic bond, yet how much is dating focused on getting to know someone else when you might be feeling that you really don’t know yourself?
Here are the five reasons you should date yourself.
1. Dating yourself gets you out of your comfort zone: It gets you into a healthier risk-taking mode, especially if you are one who won’t dare go out of your home alone or resist doing activities without being in the company of others.
2. Dating yourself increases your self–esteem and worthiness: When you start to value and care for yourself, it shows you that you are deserving of great care and attention and it also helps you to expect that (in a healthy way) from your future partner.
3. Dating yourself gives you the opportunity to get to know who you are in a deeper way: It gives you insight about what it is really important to you. This is very important in selecting the right partner, your attraction to the other person and to maintain a healthy relationship with others.
4. Dating yourself reinforces the idea that love and happiness starts within: It teaches you to look within for the support, encouragement and love that you naturally crave. It puts less pressure on a potential partner to be responsible for your happiness.
5. Dating yourself teaches you to enjoy alone time and how to be independent: By spending time alone with yourself it helps the health of your current and future relationships. It gives you a healthy balance in case of separation and helps make togetherness much better in relationships. It also allows you to be happy with and without a partner.
So, not only picture yourself knowing yourself on a deeper and intimate level, really get to know yourself, your wants, your needs, your desires, trust me you will thank yourself for it later.