“Splish Splash I was taking a Bath”
In honor of “Stress Awareness Month” Take a note from Bruno on how to create your very own personal sanctuary. I am sorry, but I couldn’t resist the pic.
You don’t have to do any remodeling to your bathroom or spend money on expensive equipment to create a relaxing sanctuary of your very own.
Here are some suggestions:
- Even if your spa is a tiny shower, hang a satchel of lavender from the showerhead or in the pocket of your shower curtain. The moisture from the shower will release the relaxing fragrance. If you don’t have a lavender satchel, any essential oils will do.
- Place fresh roses by the edge of the tub, or sprinkle rose petals in your bath to give it a luxurious touch.
- A stack of thick towels by the bath will give a sense of luxury. And a soft absorbent bath mat for your toes when you step out.
- Add a bath pillow to help in your relaxation, as well as a few lit candles to set the mood and just chill.
- A small table or stool by the side of the tub can hold your beauty items and a radio to play some relaxing music (just make sure the radio is battery operated).
- Have an area in your bathroom where you have treasured keepsakes that may remind you of calm and happy times. Something like seashells from a walk on the beach, or anything else that helps to relax the body, mind and soul.
- Relax and Enjoy!