What A Difference A Day Makes
We all know that taking time off is important for our health, productivity and happiness. So what do you do when you only have one day to totally unwind, relax and unplug? Below are a few tips for those random days off that can really help keep you centered if they are spent correctly.
- First, you must give yourself permission to invest in some “you time,” even if it means doing absolutely nothing. It may take time for some to realize that it is important that personal time is a priority, not an option.
- Don’t allow guilt to seep into your brain. Once you have decided to take the day off, make enjoying that time your goal.
- Choose a random day of the week for your time off; when there are fewer people out and about trying to get their own to-do lists done.
- Spend time with friends or family that you normally don’t get to see during the workday. This will make you feel rejuvenated.
- Totally unwind by doing anything and everything unproductive that you want. Watch a movie, play video games, take a long nap, browse a bookstore or finish an entire season of your favorite show you’ve been craving.
- If you want to be more productive on your day off, then start early to get everything on your list completed.
- Why not schedule your day off on a Friday or Monday and turn your one day into a weekend getaway! Whatever you choose to do on your day off, you are sure to discover what a difference a day makes.