Summer Time Cocktails
I am not a heavy drinker, but your girl does like a nice cocktail every now and again. Here are a few fun cocktail recipes from “Ann’s Entitled Life,” to get your party started this summer.
Blueberry Breeze Cooler
Quench your thirst with this adult lemonade cocktail. A deliciously refreshing adult libation, the Blueberry Breeze Cooler goes down smoothly.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- 3 oz Lemonade or Pink Lemonade
• 1 oz Blueberry Vodka
• Splash of Club Soda
• 1 Mint Leaf
• 5 Blueberries
- Mix lemonade and blueberry vodka in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
• Strain into highball glass with ice.
• Top with a splash of club soda.
• Garnish with a mint leaf and several fresh blueberries.
• Serve immediately. Makes 1 Blueberry Breeze Cooler Cocktail
This drink is super easy to make, tastes delicious, and really does go down easy. The main problem when something doesn’t taste too alcoholic, is it goes down too smoothly. Watch your intake.
But honestly, if you want to impress your guests at a cookout, while sitting on the patio, or relaxing in the pool, mix up a pitcher of these (this is a 3-1 ratio, just top each glass with a splash of club soda), and enjoy!
Caribbean Nights Cocktail Recipe
Smooth, tropical, delicious. This Caribbean Nights Cocktail Recipe will have you thinking of warm breezes on a sandy beach every time, anywhere.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
• 2 oz Orange Juice
• 1 oz Triple Sec
• 1 oz Vodka
• Maraschino Cherries for Garnish
• Pineapple for Garnish
• Fill a tall cocktail glass halfway with ice.
• In a cocktail shaker combine Triple Sec, Vodka, Orange and Pineapple Juice; shake 10 times.
• Pour cocktail over ice in tall glass.
• Garnish with Maraschino Cherries and a Pineapple wedge.
• Serve immediately
Makes 1 Caribbean Nights Cocktail
Sometimes, you just want an uncomplicated drink that takes great. That would be this Caribbean Nights Cocktail Recipe. A bit sweet, totally tropical, and very drinkable no matter what time of year.
Really the only negative is how smoothly it does go down – before you know it, you are on a second one!
Painkiller Alcoholic Beverage
2 oz white rum
1 oz cream of coconut
4 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a beverage shaker
• Shake well
• Pour over ice in a tall glass
• Top with nutmeg
My good friend Tamona told me about this drink called a Painkiller that was very tasty, and used my favorite hard liquor: rum! It comes from Cheddars (which I had never heard of), and Tamona told me they have a strict limit of two per person.
Sounded right up my alley!
So, I changed the alcohol ingredient from dark rum to white rum and used this recipe:
And WOW was Tamona right – this Painkiller is excellent!
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.
Taken from: Ann’s Entitled Life