Gluten Free Zucchini Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I ran across Heather Christo’s website (Heatherchristo.com) while looking for fall cocktail recipes to post. In my opinion, her site is one of the best recipe websites I have run across in a long time. It is well organized and has something for everyone. Although, I am not gluten free, I do have a vegan in my family, so getting recipes from her site and creating meals that everyone can enjoy is wonderful. Please check her out.
Author: Heather Christo
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 33 mins
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bobs Red Mill)
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar (I used organic beet sugar)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 tablespoons canned garbanzo bean liquid
- ⅔ cup chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two sheet pans with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut oil, zucchini and garbanzo bean liquid and mix until uniform and a thick batter. Briefly, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter onto the sheet pans in rounded spoonful leaving lots of room for batter spread (See note above). Bake 16-18 minutes until golden brown and then let the cookies cool on the sheet pan before removing with a spatula.