12 Perks Of Being Single During The Holidays
So many people dread the holiday season when they’re single because it can feel a little lonely, but I think there are actually a lot of perks of having the season all to yourself. I know it can be easy to dwell on having to celebrate alone but that doesn’t have to take away from the excitement of the festivities. If you’re a single gal this holiday season, fear not! There are so many fun aspects to rocking the single life during this time of the year – here are 12 of my favorites.
- No bickering about whose family to spend the holidays with this year
- You don’t have to shave your legs nearly as often because there’s no guy to impress, plus its leggings/jeans season anyway
- Since you don’t have a significant other to buy presents for, you can use that money to get a little something special for yourself (or, if you’re like me, even more decorations)
- Freezing winter nights when you’re single means you get to wrap up in all of the blankets on the bed
- No judgment when you get extra helpings of turkey dinner or binge-watch Hallmark Christmas movies all weekend long
- You don’t have to try to find the perfect gift for him that he’ll love and doesn’t already have
- No chance of having to meet all of his family for the first time at their annual Christmas party (so awkward!)
- You get to make all of your holiday plans by yourself – no traveling if you don’t want to, and no expensive plane tickets, etc.
- There’s nothing to stop you from flirting with the cute checkout guy at Target when you’re out buying Christmas gifts
- You can wear all of your favorite tacky Christmas pajamas without fear of being judged
- Every delicious holiday treat is all for you, no need to share
- You have complete control over how you spend your time during your Christmas break, and can watch all of your favorite mushy Christmas flicks or bake like crazy or just spend time reading and enjoying some solitude
Are you a single gal this holiday season? What are some things you’re looking forward to?