Ways to Show Him Appreciation Without Words
Action speaks much louder than words. Telling someone you appreciate them is easy, but actually showing how much you appreciate them would be so much better. Here are a few ways you can let your actions speak loud without saying a word.
- Make them their favorite home-cooked meal. What says you appreciate someone more than making them their favorite home-cooked meal? Not only does it show that you remember that they love it, but the fact that you went through the effort to make it yourself can mean so much.
- Men enjoy receiving flowers too. Not only are flowers beautiful, but they tend to always put a smile on someone’s face.
- Surprise them with tickets to their favorite show. They’ll be sure to feel appreciated when you come home from work and hand them tickets to see their favorite band. This is a rather obvious gesture that shows that you appreciate them, and they’ll likely get it right away.
- Plan a picnic. Believe it or not, spring is coming and what’s more fun than planning a picnic? Yes, they require planning and effort, and a little creativity, but they are not hard to put together. You’ll make them feel important and special by planning such a nice day with them.
- Start the shower for them in the morning. If you live with your significant other or maybe you spent the night, how special would they feel if you started the shower for them in the morning? It may not be such a big deal to you, but I am sure it speaks volumes to them.
- Bring them coffee/tea without having to be asked. If you know your partner likes coffee or tea in the morning, get up a few minutes early, and bring them some to bed before they wake up so it’s piping hot and ready for them.
- Scrape the snow off their windshield in the morning. This one is HUGE! Not only will you need to get up a few minutes earlier than usual, but you may have to really put your big girl panties on for this one, but think about how much it will mean to him especially if he’s the one that always does all the shoveling.
- Send a hot lunch to their work. Having the same cold lunch every day at the office is boring. Have a hot lunch sent to their office from their favorite restaurant. Not only will they be surprised, but they’ll feel really appreciated, too.
- Send a gift basket of all their favorite munchies to work. Work is just plain old boring sometimes, so receiving a gift basket from you with all their favorite work munchies will make them feel really appreciated.
- Tell them to pick a date night and say it’s all on you. Have them plan the evening and tell them that whatever they want to do is 100% on you! They’ll get everything they want and feel so happy that you wanted to provide it for them.
- Pamper them for no reason. Set up your own spa day in your home for them after a tough week at work. Get some scented oils and get ready to slather them up and give them the best non-professional massage they’ll ever have.
- Buy them that one thing they can’t stop talking about. Just think how you would feel if this was done for you. Point taken.
- Clean up after they’ve made dinner. Not only is this a polite thing to do, it will make him know you appreciate his efforts and he will feel appreciated for having cooked you a meal.
- Actually, pay attention when they’re talking about their day. We all have those days when we just need to vent about our day. Yes, it can get routine and you may at times tune out, but if you truly pay attention to them when they talk about that annoying colleague, it will make their day.
- Remember the important days. Their birthday, their big day for a presentation at work that could potentially lead to a promotion… you get the idea. Any days that are important for them should be on your calendar so you can acknowledge them when the time comes.
- Ignore their faults. People mess up. They’re not perfect. Ignoring when they do bad things and forgiving them will show them just how much you appreciate them.
- Be a part of their hobbies. Especially the ones you don’t like. Even if you hate big truck shows, go and watch with him. It really shows your appreciation when you dislike something but still want to be there for them anyways.