I’m Just So Busy!
How busy are you really? Are you so busy that the quality of your friendships and love relationships are beginning to suffer? Are you so busy you don’t have time to clean or cook or watch cartoons with the children on Saturday morning? Is your life so filled with action and activity that little details like your sister’s anniversary, your daughter’s tea party, a chit chat with your mother, just slipped your mind? Well, if you are that busy, something is definitely out of balance.
The busiest people are usually the most frightened people. They are afraid they won’t be seen. Afraid they won’t be heard. Afraid they won’t do enough to be seen and heard. Being busy is like flying – the more you flap your wings the farther you go, and the more you leave behind. Unfortunately, there are times when what we are flying to is not loving, supportive, or even necessary as what we fly away from. The key is to remember balance.
It is possible to do all the things you want to do while sprinkling it with a few things you need to do.
- Make a list of every important person and activity in your life.
- Make a schedule allowing quality time for everything and everyone on your list.
- Give yourself the time or a day you will spend on each project and with each person.
- The people you cannot see, you can call, not text.
- Those things you can not do, ask others to do them for you.
Quality, not quantity, is important in our lives. A little bit of everything will still mean we are busy, but at least we will be doing all that matters.