Kick off Christmas early by doing a taste test of this festive sangria. It’s got all the flavors of Christmas + a bottle of wine. Yes, a little white wine, a little ginger beer, a little apple cider, some brandy, a few pears, a few oranges and a bunch of pomegranate arils. It’s definitely on the sweeter side due to the apple cider and ginger, so you have to be into a sweet drink. If you are, this is totally for you!
To make this more than a few hours in advance, just add all the ingredients minus the ginger beer. Then before serving, stir in the ginger beer!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings SERVES 8-10
- 1 (750ml) bottle white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) ginger beer plus more for topping if desired
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 pears sliced
- 3 oranges sliced
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon sugar for the rims of your glasses (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredient. Stir and then place in the fridge until chilled. Don’t chill for longer than a few hours or the ginger beer will lose its fizz.
- Before serving, rim your glasses with cinnamon sugar. Fill each glass with ice and pour the sangria over the ice. If desired top with more ginger beer. Garnish with sliced of pears, oranges and pomegranate arils. Drink up!
Recipe Taken from halfbakedharvest.com