7 Changes To Make In 2019
Let’s discuss the seven things you didn’t do in 2018 that you should start doing for yourself doing in 2019.
- Stop feeding into negativity. Do you recall seeing those three monkeys? See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil? There are so many people giving their time and energy to people and things that aren’t serving them. We spend so much time on drama and on people that annoy us instead of spending time on those that are there for us. Its time in 2019 to stop giving your time to people that do so little for you. Because they are taking up space in your mind. They are tenants that are taking up space in your mind for free because you are allowing them to. Time to reclaim your power. It’s not about reading about negativity all the time. Or going back and forth with someone arguing as soon as you wake up. Ain’t nobody got time for that. So start giving your time to people who are there for you, to people who do make time for you, the people that make you smile and warm your heart not to people that make your heart heavy.
- Be around people that make me forget to look at my phone. There is no phone when I am around them. Why? Because these people are so interesting. Why? Because we are always going deep into conversation. Why? Because I don’t need a phone when I am with them. There are people that you do need your phone with you when you are with them, but there are those people that make you forget your phone because just being in their presence is all you need. It’s all about connecting with those people who remind us who we are. That is what 2019 is all about. Being around people that makes you lose your ego. Those people that make help you be a little more of your true self. Not being around people who you have to pretend to be someone you aren’t. Not being around someone who you have to always impress and try hard. 2019 start being around those people you feel comfortable being your true self with. Who you can be vulnerable with and who you are not ashamed of being who you really are.
- Stop being in relationships that are not good for your mental health. We have a lot of people that are with someone just because they don’t want to be alone. In 2019 start entering relationships for the right reasons. Not because you don’t want to be alone, but because you have something to offer that person and they have something to offer you. But more important they are good for your mental health. I would rather be alone and single than in a relationship being miserable. Why? Because I rather have peace of mind and nothing is better than having peace of mind. There are so many reasons to enter into a relationship. Because you want to actual start realizing what matters like being around good people. Good food and good memories matter. Creating wonderful experiences with wonderful people is what truly matters at the end of the day.
- Start living in the here and now. A lot of you are worrying about the future. When you think about it, there is no future. All we have is right now. It seems we are always thinking about the future or thinking of our past when the only thing that exists is the present. Most of us are always focused on the future or harboring up the past when really the only thing that exist is this moment and this moment has just passed and the future is nothing more than a continuation of present moments therefore to stop worrying about the future is take care of the here and now.
- Start taking responsibility for what we are eating. Take responsibly for what is entering our mouths. Granted most of us were raised on eating unhealthy foods, but it is up to us to start being more aware of what we are putting into our bodies. Think about in school all they fed you was junk food. Start eating more fruits and veggies. We have to start taking responsibility for our bodies.
- Be honest with yourself. Forget about being honest with others, but be honest with yourself. Like Bob Marley said, “You can fool most of the people some of the times, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time”. I see people who are trying to fake it until they make it and they are giving their selves a hard time. You must be true to yourself. Be honest to yourself, and stop faking the life that you are not actually living. 2019 should be about being real. Really honest. Time to admit your life is not perfect. You have flaws. You go through the same experiences as everyone else. And that is what honesty is. Honesty is not saying I am always positive all the time. I am not always happy. Every picture I post on Instagram I am always happy. It is not saying I have the best relationship in the world. No, honesty is saying, yes my partner and I have issues and we are working through them. I may not be the richest person in the world, but I am rich inside. Once you keep it real with yourself that is the only thing that matters and that is where happiness illuminates from.
- Your happiness has to be a priority. Forget about the money and focus on what you are becoming in the process. Do those things that make you happy and make your heart sing. Stop chasing happiness and really be happy. Go back to your childhood and think of all those things that made you happy and start doing those things. Get your happy back in 2019.